- For help with your DavisMail account:
- Contact IT Express Computing Services Help Desk
Phone Support Hours:
Monday - Friday
7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
(except University holidays)
Closed Saturday & Sunday
For help with Google Apps:
Contact Google directly by clicking on the Help link at the top right hand corner of the Google Apps you are using.
DavisMail, the campus email service for students
DavisMail, powered by Google’s Gmail, is the campus email service for almost all students at UC Davis. It gives students an email system with significant data storage and attractive features, plus access to popular communication tools in Google Apps for Education.
SUMMER 2011 UPDATE: "Good news for DavisMail: More apps, bigger mailboxes"
Benefits of DavisMail and Google Apps for Education
- Almost 25 gigabytes of storage
- Continue to use your same UC Davis email address
- Search capacities
- Increased spam protection
- Access email from your cell phone, BlackBerry or other mobile device
- Email forwarding
- Keeps track of your contacts for you
- Access online services and campus related information
- Customize to add fun and useful content
- Home of Google calendar
- View your whole schedule
- Create different calendars and share with friends, family, student groups, clubs, and sports teams
- Switch easily between instant messaging and email
- Make voice calls through your computer
- Create, share, store, and publish online documents, spreadsheets, and presentations on a Web-based application
- 10.5 GB of storage space to create multiple sites with multiple pages
- Ideal for a team to collaborate and have a single place to collect information in the form of text, videos, presentations, attachments, calendars, etc.
Questions? See the DavisMail FAQ, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For support, contact the IT Express Computing Services Help Desk at 530-754-HELP (4357).
- Student email switches to Gmail-based DavisMail (TechNews, 10/25/08)
- About the Gmail Pilot
- About collaboration efforts